Mom Sparks Mo Gameboy

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 13, 2008

Add This to Your Christmas List!



My squirt received the most fabulous game for his birthday. I played it yesterday morning with my three oldest while the youngest one helped put the puzzle pieces together. It's called Planet Earth: The Interactive DVD Game, and yes, you guessed it, it's based on the much lauded BBC/Discovery Channel series.


All of the questions, in fact, are posed on the dvd, and are accompanied by footage from the series. The game is for 2-6 players and the recommended ages were 6 and up. I found this age suggestion to be right on target, since the 6-year-old was able to answer his own fair share of questions. The level of challenge, however, kept it competitive for everyone; and the footage on the dvd for questions held everyone's attention.


As a self-proclaimed science junky, I was taken aback by the range of animals on the game that I had never heard of. The questions ranged from biological diversity to geographical features, and of course, covered the globe. The multiple choice format was actually engaging, and since everyone can see the questions and answers, the facts are reinforced visually. We had lots of fun and learned tons. If you like this stuff at all, or if you want to pull in an informal science session for your homeschool, GET THIS GAME!

No comments: