Mom Sparks Mo Gameboy

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 27, 2008

Faith and Good Works

I'm putting my own two cents in here. I am not a big fan of John McCain, but I will vote for him as many times as ACORN will let me. Although I disagree with some of his policies, and I find his rhetoric less than inspiring, I do respect him and his background of public service. Frankly, he could be much worse and I'd still vote for him simply because he is the only pro-life candidate in the election.

Regardless of what I think about Obama (I think he's a sweet talker and will say whatever need be to get elected, whether it's right or wrong or different in the morning. I'd also love to have him as a speech coach!), the one thing he has not swayed in is his pro-abortion stance. For me, this is the most egregious flaw in reasoning for anyone who claims to support civil rights. It's kind of like saying it's okay to kill someone because they stand in the way of your happiness. How many of us would be goners if that were legal? Who is qualified to decide if one person is more important than another? For anyone who wants to use the Supreme Court's past rulings to support his arguments, I say it has been horribly wrong before (think Dread Scott), and thank God that it has the capability of correcting itself.

Indeed this is the main reason why so many of my Christian friends are participating in prayer vigils with regards to the upcoming election. Protecting the value and dignity of all human life (youngest and oldest) is the deciding factor for this sector of the electorate.

I'll be joining them in prayer. But I say faith and good works. I've gotten about 15 different emails reminding me to vote according to my values. I wonder how many of them were sent to people who were "sitting on the fence," or voting with some other issue in mind. This then, is my official "good works" act of the day. I'm writing this in an effort to remind as many people as I can that the right to life needs to be defended. How would you defend your motives if you chose to let someone die for the price of a tank of gas? How could you seriously say civil rights have advanced if you devalue the most defenseless in our society? This issue must be our priority. Go out and do your own good work. Vote for your pro-life candidates.

No comments: