
Well, I've found it. The answer to my most disquieting question, "Can I ever get stockings or tights good-as-new clean?" I thought I had left this question behind in my mid-twenties, when wearing tights or stockings at all became futile. Small children ripped them almost instantly; $7-$9 a pair down the drain. I just stopped wearing them. As my Mo is in her 4th or 5th year of ballet, however, I am back to asking that question once again. Those tights are so nice right out of the package, but one wearing and those pesky grey marks around the feet just ruin them.
I've tried the little lingerie bags in the washing machine, detergent for delicates, soaking in the sink. I get passable, not great, results. Finally, I took to googling. I did find one suggestion for Hosiery Mate, which I did not try; and one suggestion for soaking in dish soap, which I did try. What actually worked?
I've also included the song I heard when I finished.









6 comments:
Sweet.
I've tights-wearers, too. This is good news.
Brilliant, Mama!
Seriously? It can really be done?
I'm on it!
Terrific post! I laughed out loud, got great advice and a trip down memory lane (Eons ago I was part of a massive acapella choir that sang The Messiah every year). Thanks!
Blessings, Whitney
I'm so glad you enjoyed it! It made me smile too.
Very nice blog...
Great information provided. I appreciate your work.
Mom And Kids
Mom And Kids
Post a Comment