Mom Sparks Mo Gameboy

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mom, I need batteries for the PS2 controller!

I can't tell you how many times I've heard this. It seems the squirts cannot remember to turn the switch off when they are done. After (literally) 2 years of losing this battle, I finally got wise. I first noticed that the battery recharging stations had gotten much more convenient, and purchased a recharger and "AA" package. One controller down. Every month or so, or when we pick up an item that needs batteries, I pick up one more package of rechargeables.

Yes, they are more expensive than regular batteries, but I don't ever have to toss any of these in the trash. You can pick them up at whatever pace is economically appropriate for your family (this was the same approach I took with the fluorescent bulb thing about 9 years ago, and boy was I feeling pretty pleased with myself when I replaced that last incandescent bulb). I now have all the tv/dvd etc. remotes covered as well as the PS2 controllers, remote control cars, and even a couple of flashlights. Now when they say "Mom, the controller's out of batteries," I don't have that flash of annoyance or guilt; I just pull out the batteries from the charger and I get to be the hero.

BTW, I just love WFMW!


2 comments:

Grammy said...

I love them too. My old digital camera ate battery's. The unit paid for it's self in no time. I also am glad you are thinking green too.

Anonymous said...

What a great post : ). I have to start doing this too. I am SO sick of buying batteries I am going crazy!