Today I'm moving forward with my plan to get as much of my school prep done as I can while we're not in school. Keeping three children on track with school and a smaller one occupied is somewhat daunting already, so I don't want to add extra time to my work load by preparing printable stuff like tests and practice sheets. As I mentioned in an earlier entry, I've been entering a couple of spelling lists into SpellingCity.com every morning. It only takes of couple of minutes and it's not a lot to bite off at one time. Today, I'll begin making out a few history tests for the older two (I don't like testing on these things, but my kiddos need practice with carefulness and preparedness, and a history test is an easier test to succeed on) on a convenient site I found called EasyTestMaker. It's an online test maker that takes the headache out of formatting (especially those pesky matching questions) and lets you concentrate on getting the information on the page. The basic service is free, and it provides you with multiple choice, true/false, fill in the blank, matching, and short answer options. Of course you can upgrade your service, but as a homeschooler I think this is all I need. The "plus" version lets you generate alternate versions or download to Word for editing if you want to. This would be great if you often wanted to let your child retest on something. I hope this helps you out.
It is summer time though, and all work and no play . . . well, you know. Here's an extra link to give you and your mid-sized ones something to have fun with outside. It's a whole slew of video clips of soccer moves and fakes. Learn a new one today, and you can show it off on the soccer field this fall!
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment