Well guess what? I did and it was brilliant! Before you think it's just too wacky, let me remind you that I have 4 very active kids, 3 are boys, 2 are small enough to cause a disaster on their own. Remember this crazy info too: When they installed your drywall, the "floaters" were using a sanding sheet on a stick, and when the painters (maybe that was you!) rolled on the paint, they had that roller on a stick too. Why would I not try it? There are a couple of important rules though.I'm thinking about mopping my walls today.
- I used a brand new Swiffer pad and a Swiffer. This is not an ad for Swiffer. The Clorox one would work just as well, with a pad or with a microfiber cloth attached. The key here is start with a new clean pad. DO NOT USE A NAPPY OLD STRING OR SPONGE MOP!
- Use whatever cleaner you would normally use on that surface. You don't want to have streaks or spots from something too harsh. I used a spray bottle full of soapy water with a little baking soda, but you could use 409 or Mr. Clean or whatever. Spray it on the wall and mop away.
This was really fast. I cleaned the whole room in the time it usually takes me to clean a 6 foot wide area. What a difference! It took off all the drink splashes and dirt and handprints (not so much the pencil and crayons). I also used it on my baseboards. Whee Hoo!
Click on the header to see my other posts, then go on back to Rocks in My Dryer and find something else wacky and wonderful!









6 comments:
You know... I've been married for 18 years, and not once have I ever had a need to clean or repaint my walls. Then, three years ago, we had our first child (long story). Funny how things change so fast with a child.
Anyway, this past weekend, I was cleaning the house and stopped dead in my tracks and was staring at my dirty, drip-marked walls. I was aghast! HOW DID THEY GET LIKE THAT???
Then I thought, how often do people with kids actually wash their walls, and HOW DO THEY DO IT without killing their backs? Should I just repaint them?
Thank you for posting this. I'm going to try it this weekend!!! Hopefully, I'll have clean walls again.
This is a great idea, and one my children can help with, too. Thank you for posting.
I usually tackle a small area at a time, and send the culprit in to clean up drawings. This way I get big areas clean AT ONE TIME. Thanks for the comments!
This is brilliant. We are removing all our carpet this weekend (allergies!) and this will allow me to move quickly through cleaning the walls afterwards. Great timing! Great idea!
I am so glad I found you rblog. I do a little Louisiana Catholic Blog update (as Daily as I can get it Out) and I will put it on the list. I am linmking one of your posts now.
I am trying to build by Catholic Louisiana blog list and as you can see I have them arranged as to Dicoese. May I ask which DIocese you are in so I can out you in the proper place
I have a few Home School blogs that post on a regular basis
Neat site james h. and thanks for the mention. We're in the Diocese of Lafayette.
Post a Comment