The series of books is beautifully illustrated, and the kids and I got a kick out of finding illustrations of archaeological items we had actually seen at the British Museum's Mesopotamia site. Although the older kids enjoyed and appreciated the books, I am continually surprised at how often my smallest one asks to reread them.
These award winning books are a great way to introduce your young'uns to this most ancient of epics.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Gilgamesh for the Younger Crowd
I spoke with a friend of mine who will be doing a unit study on Mesopotamia later this year. I mentioned a great trilogy of books retelling the story of Gilgamesh in a kid-appropriate manner, so this post is for her.
Submit to: del.icio.us | Digg it | YahooMyWeb
Labels:
history,
homeschool resources,
literature,
Mesopotamia,
unit studies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comment:
Tht sounds like a great book!!! I was sure to link your post on the Louisiana update today.
I think good hisotry books for kids of ages to spark there interest for a lifetime is SO SO SO important
Post a Comment