Mom Sparks Mo Gameboy

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

New School Books

I have finished purchasing all of my school books for next year. Actually, I've been done, although I will probably stumble upon something we need before the August. If you're in the midst of making curriculum decisions, here are a couple of things that might help you out.

The one thing I think every homeschooling mom needs (that word again) is the Rainbow Resource Center, Inc. Catalog If you already have it, I'm sure you'll agree with me, but there are actually veteran homeschoolers who have not heard of it. It is a 1,368 page catalog (tome) of textbooks, programs, manipulatives, kits, how-to books ... You want it, it's probably in there. You've never heard of it, it's probably in there. It is a source for things you want and for ideas for your homeschool. You can request a catalog by calling1-888-841-3456, or by visiting their site at http://www.rainbowresource.com/, where you can also browse their listings. I personally like the hands-on phonebook-size hard copy, but that's just me.

If you already have a catalog, but are overwhelmed by the choices, check out Cathy Duffy's Homeschool Reviews. She gives valuable insight into all the products she reviews as far as learning types, prep time, ease of use, and religious perspective. The only drawback is that her Top 100, although listed on the site, are only reviewed in her book 100 Top Picks for Homeschooling Curriculum, which I have (and recommend). It's a great way to narrow down your list of books to investigate.

If you're done for next year, congratulations! If not, good luck, and happy hunting.

No comments: