Welcome to my webpage. I did not intend for it to be a blog. Indeed, I have wonderful friends who blog, and I visit their blogs often (Shout out to Life on the Planet and Homeschooler Savvy), but otherwise I mull around finding sites that make homeschooling and motherhood easier for me. I have in fact found a few gems on the web that I think you'd like. As for the bloggy part, it was just the easiest way for me to tell you about them. I don't think I'll be writing every day, but there are some other neat things on this page that will be bright and shiny each day you come to visit.
See those pictures at the top. Each of them represents something personal about me or one of my computer literate kiddos. I'm like the crowded bookshelf...somewhat unorganized, but still very useful. My tweenage son is into soccer, rpgs and music. My daughter likes writing, ecards, girly-girl stuff, and critters--especially the one up there. My little boy likes to play games and listen to music. You'll probably hear about some of their favorite sites as well. There's a shorty-pants too, but he's too little for the computer.
Another little tidbit about me and mine: my kids are easily bored. They get that from me, not my honey. My husband is perfect, and as he says, he's not picky (Ouch!). So here I am, easily bored and picky (I'm told that I also have good qualities, like frugal), and therefore absolutely qualified to throw out all but the best free sites with reckless abandon. Did I mention I'm cheap? If you like, you'll love the British Museum's site on Mesopotamia. It has loads of interactive stuff, and lots of meaty information. If you were so inclined, you could probably get a whole unit study out of it. And when you figure out how much you love this site, you'll be glad to know that there are more sites just like it on Egypt, ancient China, early Imperial China, and Mughal India. And if that weren't informative enough, you can explore these civilizations through themes at Ancient Civilizations. We've thoroughly explored and enjoyed both the Mesopotamia and Egypt sites, especially the games. If you're short on time, start at those.
That's it for today, I hope you come and visit again!
Friday, June 13, 2008
Great sites!
Submit to: del.icio.us | Digg it | YahooMyWeb
Labels:
Egypt,
history,
homeschooling,
Mesopotamia,
welcome
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment