Mom Sparks Mo Gameboy

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Big Broom

Most of my home is laminate flooring. There's other stuff too, but I have some pretty big expanses of non-carpeted area. When I looked at my little old broom, I always knew it would take a while to get all that area done. I had what you would call an a-ha moment watching my husband handle the cleaning in the dining room one morning. Lucky reader, you get a trifecta here.

Number 1: Why bother cleaning up with that little old broom when I am as perfectly capable as anyone of acquiring a large one? This is what I use to clean my non-carpeted floors. I picked it up at Lowe's, and it has been well worth what I paid for it. I still use the little one for corners and edges, but this makes cleaning up sooo much faster, especially when I combine it with this next strategy.

Number 2: Instead of picking up all the stuff off of the ground before sweeping, I use my honey's method of just sweeping it all up into a pile: toys, papers, socks, and dirt. I do the kids the courtesy of announcing that they need to remove anything they plan on keeping. Yeah, it's a little gross, but they left it on the floor, and it does get the job done much faster. I've been assured by other moms (who shall remain anonymous) that they use this technique too. It's gonna' happen when my husband happens to clean up anyway. And that leads me to the last little benefit you're going to get here today. . .


Number 3: If your house gets that messy, you have the benefit of knowing you're not alone. If it doesn't, consider this a gentle reminder to be ever so grateful! Head on over to Works-for-Me-Wednesday for more helpful tips.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Oh, I've done that too...not with sweeping, but picking up everything into a laundry basket and announcing 'put it away or it gets thrown away!'. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

mom2four said...

I do the same thing--every day! I've been using our outdoor broom. I need to buy one to just keep inside. It works wonders at gathering everything into a nice BIG pile! I can't understand how it gets that messy everyday! Sometimes there is only one child at home making the mess!